Sunday, January 21, 2007

(21/1/07-Sunday-Run at Great Eastern 30 km race)

This is the race with a few objectives in mind at least for me .

1. At least acheive 2 hr 45 min
2. At least beat Ronnie's time for last year of 2 hr 36 min .
3. At least do better then the practise run with Pacesetters before the Singapore Marathon in Deec 2006 , in which my timing was approx 2 hr 54 min


Did I achieve all this , read on briefly :

STARTING

Woke up to have soyabean , 3 slices bread with peanut butter and some cornflakes . arrived at Playground car park near starting point and was surprised to see there is still parking space there . Did my warm up and went to wait at the side of the starting line about 5 rows from the front . Started at a fairly normal training pace . Its all the way uphill . Even downhill was about the same speed .

DOUBLE HILL

One of the commitee members of Pacesetter , Lisa overtooked me coz she was quite fast on the hills . I went up at a normal pace . Heading towards Tugu , we were near each other till heading towards Hartamas 1st hill , she dissappeared .

First 15 km 1 hour 18 min approx .


OPPOSITE DIRECTION

Going down Hartamas hill , I could see coming from opposite direction ,CB , Ronnie , then Chen , then John . I knew they were much faster than me so i wasn't surprised .

PETRONAS

Good that they gave Power Gel coz my power was going off . After taking the Gel , had power again and could go uphill faster . Suddenly saw Lisa again near Masjid .

A BATTLE BETWEEN LISA AND LEE CHIN .

Throughout the run , from a distance i can also see Lee Chin and Lisa exchanging leads all the way .Lisa overtook Lee Chin at Tejani hill , heading back . I came nearer and going downhill , Lisa saw me , she said "Homerun" . I said "don't let the girl at the back overtake you "( approx 200 m behind , Lee Chin ) . She said " She try . Going down hill , Lee Chin and her pacer , ( Toh) , overtooked us both .I pointed at Lee Chin and told Lisa to respond . She said " Trying" . I went faster , left Lisa behind , tried to chase Lee Chin and pacer , but couldn't .I can only see them 200m in front .

OBJECTIVE FULFILLED .

1 more km to go passing the Lake Club , going downhill and I on my turbo at the last 200 m. Reached in 2 hr 35 min 40 sec . The objectives on top all fulfilled and i'm happy and glad .I think i'm stronger now than before the S'pore Marathon and hope to do better timing for KLIM 07 .



Distance :30 km
Duration of work out :2 hr 35 min 40 min
Location : Lake Garden


# of times used
Asthmatic inhaler and remarks : 1 times used inhaler , breathing Ok but have to use before race


TOTAL MILEAGE FOR THIS WEEK AT LEAST 60 KM +

No comments: