Sunday, February 11, 2007

(11/2/07-Sunday-Circuit run II)

Decided to take part in circuit run as part of the long run trainning .I see no harm coz :

1. Free entry !!
2. Water provided
3. Got a lot of people

Race was suppose to start at 7 am , I left my house at 6.30 am . I wasn't kan cheong because I believed it will not start on time just like previous years . I arrived at about 6. 50 am after looking around for the parking space . There wasn't much signage to show the direction but as I followed other cars who slowly drove along ,I knew I was at the right spot when I saw more cars , people and the start/finish banner .

Went to the registration table , got my number , also registered for KLIM on the spot and then went to pin on my bibs .I thought there was only one side but this time there were two sides . I was quite relived coz thery announced that it will only start at about 7 15 am .

It was time to start and I looked for Ronnie to pace with him . He was in front a bit and I chased after him .It was easy to spot him coz he was wearing Yellow t-shirt ( I think) . As we ran he calculated at the 2nd lap that he should run about 7 laps and I about 10 laps . I then slowed and stopped pacing with him realizing I had to conserve energy for the 10 laps and I didn't think I could last going at his pace .

Towards the last 3 laps , suddenly one chinese guy ( A44 ) who was in my category overtook me after I said Hello to him . I ran faster again and overtook him before the end of the lap . In the last 2 lap , there was a big crowd from MCA ,I had to literaaly stop for awhile and then continued .Again this guy who was no where to be seen suddenly overtooked me again .

This time I on my turbo , we were running neck to neck till the finish line and I calculated I had time for 1 more lap . As we approached the line , the judges asked him to pin his number properly as it wasn't showing . I was happy to hear that coz it give me an opportunity to run away from him on my last lap .

Finished my 9 laps in 1 hour 53 min 43sec to finish in 5th place .

Its a hot run but I suppose the run in Lake Garden yesterday had helped me get use to this hot weather . :)


Distance :24.3 km ( based on Lai) or 22.5 km ( Based on FTAAA)
Duration of work out :1 hr 53 min 43 sec
Location :Tasik Titiwangsa


# of times used
Asthmatic inhaler and remarks : 1 times used inhaler , breathing OK but always use before race .


TOTAL MILEAGE FOR THIS WEEK APPROX. 81.7 KM

No comments: