Monday, February 19, 2007

(19/2/07-Monday-Run at Polo ground LSD)

Was suppose to wake up to join Wendy and the rest of the Ipoh runners but I was tired when the alarm rang at 5.25 am . Woked up only at 730 am . Started at 8.38 am .

Before running ,, trhis was the conversation between wife and I :

Kenny : What you gonna do today?
Wife : Eat , sleep and internet
Kenny: I can tell you the steps right now how to start your bro's internet . ( At the back of my mind , I'm going to be long so I shd teach her 1st before I go for my long run)
Wife : No , when I want , I'll let you know. By the way ,it looks like its going to rain
Kenny : Don't worry , God gave me this nice weather so that I can run
Wife :{ Skeptical silence}

It was true , 80% of my run was under cooling weather and it didn't rain at all , 20% hot wather but not a problem .

1st 8 laps : Clockwise

Ran slowly against the flow . It was easy coz although many people coming from the opposite direction , they moved aside to let me thru when they see me coming . This was opposed to running same direction with them and many times I got to say excuse me or just overtake them from the grass side . Keep seeing this guy in blue running in the same direction as everyone (I'e anti clockwise )

NOTE : DID YOU KNOW RUNNING/WALKING ANTI-CLOCKWISE REDUCES THE CHANCES OF A HEADACHE FROM RUNNING ROUND AND ROUND?

EG OF PLACES WHERE PEOPLE RUN/WALK ANTI-CLOCKWISE:
POLO GROUND , THE 400M TRACK , LAKE GARDEN , KLCC ETC

It must have been in built in people to run/walk a loop anti -clockwise

2ND 8 LOOPS-ANTI CLOCKWISE

I changed my shirt and came out with a dryer shirt . I decided to run with the blue shirt guy . Found out his name is Tang , from Kl and he did see me in circuit run in Titiwangsa and he got 6th in the senior category . Just had a short chat with him coz he was finishing after 2.5 hours . Ran on my own again, stopped for awhile to buy some jelly to eat and milo ice .

After 10 am there was less people in this park , although some people were still around and some just came .

I continued my run and finished at approx 1120 am .


It was a slow but satisfying long run .

Distance :21.84 km
Duration of work out : Approx 2 hr 35 min
Location :Polo Ground , Ipoh

# of times used Asthmatic inhaler and remarks : O times used inhaler , breathing mildly unsmooth which doesn't allow me to go too fast this morning.

No comments: