Tuesday, September 13, 2005

(11/9/05)-P for Putrajaya , P for P. R

I'm very happy to have PR at this Putrajaya race . The last Half marathon I ran was the first at Ipoh this year . I'm very happy that this being my 2nd half marathon and managed to PR at this hilly route

There were also some not so ideal situations like feeling like wanting to go pee and poo while waiting for race to start but a bit too late already coz we were already in the "kandang" .

In fact , I did pee at the big TNB box at the halfway mark .

The start of the race was suppose to be me ( #12) pacing with Justin ( #13 ) , Justin was nowhere to be seen , he was behind and taking it easy . Unofficially , Adam was running beside me , at least that was good to have someone experienced running with me . But as i went to pee at half way mark , i had to run without Adam for 5 km until the last approx. 4 km when i caught up with him again and he told me to go ahead if i can . So i went ahead , I was hoping to P R and I looked at my watch a few times and found that I was on target for the P R . Did do some mental calculations on the run to see if can really P R .

Statistics ;

1st 4km , ran at 4 min 35 sec per km pace

Average for whole race :

4 min 42 sec per km pace

Fastest KM : at Km 20 : 4 min 26 sec


Overall , it was a well organised run , and even though the sun came out , I didn't really feel the heat , just some cold air .

Now , my legs are aching all over , time to recuperate and prepare for next race : 19/9/05 , PJ Half , 10 km race !!

Distance : 21 km
Duration of work out :1 hour 39 min 19 sec
Location :Putrajaya


# of times used
Asthmatic inhaler and remarks : 1 time used inhaler , breathing ok ,used coz its a race and just in case

No comments: