Friday, August 17, 2007

17/8/07-Friday -Larian ASJC

ASJC stands for Alor Setar Jogging Club . They should call this ASRC ... Alor Setar Running Club coz most of them can run . Its held on a Friday coz its a Public Holiday in Kedah on Fridays unlike KL which is on Sundays .

Anyway ... I came for this with Ferdinand . We departed from KL at about 11 pm on Thursday and arrived Alor Setar Bus Station ( also called Shazan Perdana) at about 5 am . Then after getting a taxi to Bee Bee Park , Haris' friends ( Teo) then picked us up from there to bring us to the ASJC running club nearby .

Unfortunately , there was no elctricity and we did all the registration by torchlight . After awhile the electricity came on and the organiser announced that the race will start at 6.30 am .

As we started the race , it was quite cooling and there was a slight drizzle . The whole route is almost flat , except for the half way point near the Kuala Kedah bridge in which the bridge road slopes quite steeply for about 200 m .

I was pacing with (http://chanbai.blogspot.com) Chanbai and his pacing helped me to overtake a number of runners who overtook me earlier . We also chatted a bit as we ran coz he and I discovered we were both from KL .

At the half way mark u-turn , he suddenly ran away from me . He got further and further but I concentrated that he didn't got more than 150 m .

I quickened my pace at the last 2 km and at the last 50 m , I was almost 10 m within reach of him but it was just too hard to overtake him anymore .

In the end he got 17th and I got a close 18th for a timing of 1:50:23 sec . I'm happy with my result coz the timing has been improving every race .


After the long lucky draw (which Ferdinand and I were fortunante to win a tin of Milo each ) , Haris friends took us to the nearby restaurant to have some Bak Kut Teh .

Then they took us to the bus station and we arrived the bus station at 12 pm . We wanted to catch the 1230pm bus,unfortunately , all the counters were sold out ! The only ticket left is an extra bus which will be departing at 10 pm and that also is a Bus Kilang with aircond . We have no choice but to take it . We will arrive tmw at Puduraya at about 4 am .

Right now we are stuck in Alor Setar and just loitering around including going to a mall in Pekan Rabu nearby to watch "Rush Hour Part 3"

3 comments:

Ara Boy said...

well done Mr Kenny...keep on tryin.. i am sure u can reach your PB soon.hope to u c u again. Bye.

RunWitMe said...

Well done! at least you hv a cinema to kill time. No entertainment in KT at all. Most shops closed on Friday. Mushroom almost grow on me while waiting for my bus back to KL at 10:00pm.

Kenny said...

Thanks Chanbai,

Hope to see you in another race soon . I won't be racing next 2 weeks coz outstation .

Runwitme,

It was nice pictures that you took around Kuala Terenganu to pass your time