Sunday, August 26, 2007

26/8/07-Subang Jaya 10 Km run

At first I didn't want to take part in this run because I wasn't confident if I could get a medal . I then decided at the last minute , which is about a week before the run that I wanted to take part .
I told Ronnie my intentions , although it was already the closing date , may be there was someone who couldn't make it or pulled out after registering for the race .

True enough , Lai's friend ( one of the first to register , bib number A0008 ) , also Kenny Tan , couldn't make it and I took over his number .

So , off I went for this run today . Found a good parking spot ,did some stretching , forgot to give my reporting card but anyway I just threw it on the floor where we were assembled at the starting line . (This reporting card is very important if we are top 3) . Realistically I know I won't be top 3 but may be next time :) hehehehe .

Started a bit slow coz there were a number of people blocking me .( Iwas at the 7th row from the front ) I could see a number of the pacemakers were far ahead of me already .I just went at my own pace and try to maintain the distance . Saw Raymond and Khoo overtaking me from behind at the beginning stages .

There was this Malay guy who was pacing with me for at least 8km . We both didn't communicate with each other at all . He was going at a pace which I felt was worth pacing . Slowly but surely , we slowly overtake some pacemakers . 1 st Ferdinand ,
, then Raymond , then Lai , then Adam , then Zul .

Wow , thanks to this guy , it helps to pace with someone .

In the last 1 .5 km , this guy drew away from me , but it was alright for me coz I overtook a number of runners already . My legs and breathing were also getting weak and labourous .

Finished in a time of 45 min 34 sec for 61st placing and average pace of 4 min 38 sec per km .

I'm happy to be able to get a medal and get this timing considering 5 months ago Iwas just recovering from my operation .

At the end of the race , CM said to me that I'm improving, I can only say... " Thank you Jesus !! "

No comments: