Tuesday, August 02, 2005

(31/7/08, Sunday)-Klang Quarter Marathon Race Report

Was just targetting 45 min as didn't run much at Aceh . I think I only did a total of 6 km the whole 9 days I was at Aceh . Concentrated on speed .

THE ROUTE

Very hilly .But did have long flat routes .

THE OPPONENTS

Found myself running near Justin at the start of the race . Ran with him and caught up with Chen . Chen said I should go on as he didn't have enough sleep . I said I didn't have enough sleep and trainning and should help pacing each other .


THe LAST 2 km

I saw a hill which i thought was the last km , so i put on my turbo and no more pacing Justin and Chen . Ran ahead but to my shocked and surprised after the hil ended , I realised there was another hill and its the last hill . I have done an error in my turbo , by then no more energy to continue turbo and Chen went past me , soon Justin also went past me . I didn't give a fight , my turbo gone already .

In the end i got 54th , Justin 53rd and Chen 52nd

They deserved it coz they have been trainning and I have not been trainning .Still , i'm quite satisfied with my timing and performance coz i thought i would have done worse . Never mind , there will be other races to come .

Right now , time to start trainning hard again .



Distance : 10 km
Duration of work out :43 min 40 sec
Location : Klang Town


# of times used
Asthmatic inhaler and remarks : 0 time used inhaler , breathing normal

1 comment:

Tan BoSe said...

Good run, Kenny. Yeah, the MPK hill is always mistakenly taken as a last hill for first timer. I thought that too last year. I saw you that day, wearing red vest.