Monday, June 25, 2007

(24/6/07-Penang Bridge Run-personal worst !)

It was my longest half marathon in my life . Because i have just recovered ( 3rd month after operation ) ,I just went slow . It took me 2 hr and 39 min 4 sec . My personal worst !!

Overall being my first time, it was a great experience to run on the bridge .It was quite a long run and also my first long run after 3 months . At the 15 km mark ( timed at about 2 hours ), suddenly there was some pain at the back of my knee at the left leg . I took some deep heating and after awhile , it was OK .

The legs were getting weak at the 15 km mark onwards . The pace was getting weaker and then just slowly jogged back . After awhile it got really crowded coz the fun run and I think 10 km category were making their U-turn somewhere along the bridge .

As I arrived at the finishing line , I was looking for some water and so just joined the line for some fruit juice . I wanted to go for my fav. Milo but the que was really very long .

My impression of how this run was organised compared to S'pore :POOR

Signages everywhere pre pace , during race and post race were just not enough for the competitor .

My time at Penang : GREAT

Travelled and stayed with Ronnie , Rachel , Loong , Adam and Sim and we had a great time eating and sometimes up to 3 rounds of food per meal . Great Penang food !!

No comments: