Monday, May 14, 2007

(13/5/07-World Asthma Day run and wife's 1st jogathon)



Me and my wife in her first jogathon .





Me , Alden and Adam enjoying a slow jog .




I entered my first race 1 and a half month after my operation . Its not much of a race . Its more of a jogathon since its called the World Asthma Day Jogathon . Its just 5 km and I have jogged 5 km before . In fact there were a few good reasons to join this jogathon (Thanks to Ron who entered my name ) :

Entrace fee , FREE !

T-Shirt , FREE !

Food , FREE !

Being an asthma patient , I have supported this race for the past 2 years.

My wife , first time join jogathon !

There was no competitiveness or pia spirit in me when the race started . In fact I started from the back with Ah Loong . After 5 minutes running with him , he went faster while I continued my constant jogging pace . After awhile I saw Adam and Alden and chatted awhile with them .

I was at first worried that I will get last but then , the worries disappeared when I noticed there were a number of people who were just walking or just jogging and walking whereas I maintained my constant pace .

In the end ,I didn’t get last and happy to complete the run in the middle pack .

My wife got 6th place ! –Temporary

My wife being a first timer , submitted the receipt at the same counter as me (A counter ) when I submitted mine to collect our bibs and T-shirt . In fact the official accepted it until I notified that she is supposed to submit at B counter . The official then realised that she should do that and gave her back her receipt to submit at B counter .

She then went with Rachel further in the middle pack at the starting line . After completing the lake part of the race for about 1.5 km , she then saw the hill leading to the deer park and bird park . Suddenly she felt hungry as she saw some officials and other people already having their food at the starting /finish line , thinking that this is also like a water/food station , she asked someone where to get the food and drinks and they told her to go to the finishing line . As she approaced the finishing line , the official gave her a card , and asked her to write her name on the sheet of paper . She promptly did that and went to get her food . She then was too lazy to continue the next 3.5 km and didn’t continue .

When I came back , she told me she has eaten her food and was given a card with the wording C6 and she asked me what was that card for . I told her that it meant she got 6th position !!

She was surprised and promptly went to inform the official that she did not complete the run at all and shouldn’t be in 6th position . The official shooked her hand and said to her , “ I haven’t never seen anyone so honest in my life before ! “


So , that was the story of my wife who in her 1st run got a 6th position , temporary !!


Distance :5 km
Duration of work out : 33 min 33 sec
Location :Lake garden# of times used Asthmatic inhaler and remarks : 0 times used inhaler , breathing normal .

2 comments:

CP Waterman said...

Wow Just one month and a bit and you are racing already! Please make sure you take it slowly and not cause any internal bleeding ( you cannot see & feel it until its too serious)that they have to cut you up to wash! I suggest you take it easy and only begin base training(not speed) towards end of June. By August you can start flying again like chen & Ron. haha
Take care brother!

Kenny said...

TQ for your advise bro . I'm just jogging only .