Sunday, July 03, 2005

(3/7/05 ,Sunday)-My first half marathon-Ipoh International Run

2 DAYS BEFORE RUN:

I wasn't sure to take part or not coz i had some skin abrasions at the groin area and whenever I run or walk I felt very uncomfortable . In fact I tested on Friday night by playing football and i couln't run so fast during the game . I then decided to solve the problem by pasting plasters at that area .


THANKS

Before the story began , I need to thank :
1. Jason for fetching us ( Me , Ronnie and Rachel ) to Ipoh
2. My brother in law for letting me stay in his house and waking up so early to fetch me to the starting line.
3. C M for fetching us ( Rohaizad and I) back to KL .

THE RACE BEGANS :

Being my first half marathon , I decided to just go slow the 1st half and faster the second half thus :

1st 10 km = 49 min
11th km = 6 min ( slow down abit to prepare turbo)
Last 10 km = 46 min

SOME STRATEGY :

1. Enjoy the race and scenery .
2. Smile when running
3. Wave when running ,if have spectators ( some people did respond , some no respond but surprised)
4. Target the immediate runner in front of me 1 by 1 even though different category and then having fun in "potonging" sayur them 1 by 1 . ( I think they are the ones who didn't pace themselves and went too fast during the starting)

DISCOMFORT :

Because of the groin skin abrasions I had to adjust underwear at least every 1 km . It was a most uncomfortable run and I tried to block away the discomfort by running faster but the discomfort is just there . Could have got even better timing if not for this problem .

NEW FRIEND :

Always saw this Pacesetter veteran member at most races which i join this year , and chatted with him when taking the numbers on Saturday and after the run . In fact , I did run with him for awhile at the 4 km mark .His name is Mr Yee .

There was also this short malay guy whom I have seen before He is very fast an I chatted with him after the run . His name is Hamidon . I invited him to Kg Pandan track , hope he comes .

CONCLUSION ;

Being my first half marathon , I was quite satisfied with my timing , pace , leg strength and breathing but not satisfied with the discomfort . But nevertheless , this problems can't be avoided but at least I know if it happens again, next time I have to use plasters .


Distance : 21 km
Duration of work out :1 hour 41 min 18 sec
Location : Ipoh


# of times used
Asthmatic inhaler and remarks : 1 time used inhaler , breathing normal but used it just in case as this is a race .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hiya im new to this, I hit upon this chat board I find It exceedingly accessible & its helped me loads. I should be able to give something back and support other users like its helped me.

Thank You, Catch You Around.