Sunday, June 26, 2005

(26/6/05)-SUBANG JAYA 10 km RACE-Berjaya !!

NOTE : FROM 27/6 TO 29/6 ( MONDAY TO WEDNESDAY) , THERE WON'T BE ANY BLOGGING COZ I'LL BE AWAY TO DAMAI LAUT , NEAR LUMUT I THINK , FOR A HOLIDAY AND WON'T BE ACCESSING THE INTERNET .BLOGGING WILL START AGAIN EARLIEST BY WEDNESDAY OR THURSDAY . THANKS FOR READING ;)

GOAL BEFORE RACE :

1. To get below 45 min ( Achieved ! )
2. To get below 30th placing (Achieved !)
3. To beat a certain somebody (not sure if possible coz he is quite fast) ,I won't mention the name ( Achieved !!)


SHOE :

The day before race , not sure what shoe to wear , I had 3 choice :
A) My a bit heavy Brooks but comfortable and I race in it before
B) My light and cooling Addidas but always gives me discomfort
C) My light but cheap Admiral which I confidently use for track but never for race before

I chose C) Admiral coz the day before the run , I went around shopping and jalan jalan in My Addidas and it still felt uncomfortable .


The route :

It was the 1st time i took part in this race and I was told its fairly easy coz the routes are mainly flat . In fact , Thanks to Justin ( http:pm19.blogspot.com) who took me along the route on Thurs night before the race for me to get a feel of it . Didn't really "feel" it coz we were driving but can only strategise and estimate where are the hard parts . After running this race , I felt its not really easy coz its like a Giant KLCC where KLCC had gentle shots slopes and only a short stretch is flat . Thus this route has gentle slopes but long long slopes,or it felt very long in a race .

Excerpts of the race :

STARTING : Started of at intended pace .

5KM MARK : Saw that person that I wanted to beat ,overtook him , he didn't fight back coz i looked behind a few times but coudn't see him .At this mark ,I could see Ronnie far ahead with his trademark cap and then Justin with his trademark run but couldn't be any threat to them . Saw Justin all the way till the last 500 m .

LAST 3 KM : Hoping race would end soon ,legs and breathing tired .

LAST 2 KM UP THE LAST SLOPE : Suddenly , Mr. Shine appeared out of no where I found out later he was targetting me and following me behind but I didn't see him at all . I stepped up my pace and lead until the U-turn At this last 2 km , thanks to Shine's pressure , I overtook 2 people who were leading for a long time and 1 of them was David Nyhouse who is a 3 hour 15 min + marathoner .

LAST 500 M : My breathing fast and my legs tired , Shine still have energy and he finally overtook me , I didn't have anymore fight in me and let him overtake while I just maintain my pace .


FINISH LINE : At the finish line , got a medal and 28th place and an extra surpise for the top 30 is some gift hampers , so took home a medal and an extra gift hamper .

CONCLUSION :

I 'm happy with how the run went and managed to achieve my goals as written on top .

Next race : 3/7/05 : Ipoh Half Marathon , MY FIRST HALF MARATHON !!



Distance : 10 km
Duration of work out :42min 07 sec
Location : Subang Jaya


# of times used
Asthmatic inhaler and remarks : 1 time used inhaler , breathing normal but since its a race used it just in case .

1 comment:

hsingln said...

Hi there.. I have been to your blog a couple of times and enjoy reading ur posts. I'm also an aspiring runner. I have run for leisure in the past but am really thinking of joining Pacesetters after i return from my studies in US. Am now on my summer break in Ipoh and will be joining the Ipoh International Run on Sunday. Well, all the best and SYABAS on your achievements!