Wednesday, April 04, 2007

(4/4/07-Wednesday-Painkiller)

The doc gave me painkiller ( Tramadol HCI 50 mg) twice , after I was discharged on 25/3 and after restitching on Monday (2/4) . I have not finished the 1st batch yet coz i only take it at night .

i found that it takes two hours before the painkiller takes effect .

So this is my daily painkiller taking routine :

10 pm : Pop in 2 painkillers
12 midnite : Start to feel very relaxed and drowsy , the muscles in every part of the body starts to relax

12 midnite to 5 am :Sleep till 5 am soundly , at about 5 am , the painkiller wears of . There is some pain in the stomach , I'm in a 75% sleep mode , so although I can feel a bit of pain , the sleep mode numbs it .

8.45am : Usually around this time , I can feel more of the pain and I wake up . I think the pain is because of the position i'm sleeping , which is straight on my back all the time . I can't really turn to the side to sleep yet coz there will be more pain .

I then , slowly push myself up from the bed without using any of my stomach muscles . When i stand up , the pain will then slowly be gone and i don't need any painkiller till the the night .


During the day , there is very rarely I feel that clothes peg clipping to my stomach feeling anymore . I think the body is slowly healing by itself .

5 comments:

CP Waterman said...

Yes,good to hear that you are coming along fine,just watch out the cleaning part in changing the dressing & applying antisceptic lotion to prevent infection.
I think from here it will take another 2 weeks or so for you to be completely comfortable and dare begin to use your stomuch muscle a bit.(It took me that long)
But, I heard that if you are not given antibiotic than the wound can heal faster. Don't no if this is true, should ask DR. Raymond for advice.
Anyway, you take care!

NEZZ said...

Kenny, sometimes, being sick & in pain is like "blessing-in-disguise".. not only allowing our body system to rest, but also learning to appreciate & understand ourselves better...
Hope you'll get better from time-to-time..

C-CUBE said...

rest well and take care.

Raymond said...

Kenny,u need more tramadol let me know ok,try to minimize the intake take only when neccessary.

Kenny said...

cp ,the stitches will be taken out in 2 weeks , at the moment , the doc didn't schedule me any dressing .

Nezz,

Thanks , i think this is also a time of resting my leg muscles and knees .

Cube ,

thanks !

Ray,

Thanks . Why , you can get Tramadol free :) ?yes I'll try to minimise intake .