Sunday, March 25, 2007

(25/3/07-Sunday-I'm back home ...recuperating ...no running for 2 months)

Firstly , I would like to say thank you to all my friends who visited me and wished me .It is very touching to know people cares .

Jesus also cared for me this time and when I found out I had to be operated , I didn't have any anxiety or fear , just peace . I was prepared for it .In fact , when I went for my 2nd check up in the U H in the afternoon of Wednesday , I brought along my bag of clothes , toiletries and ready to be put in drips .

Sequence of event

Vomit 8 times before admission to hospital .

Wednesday

12 midnite :Go U.H and they took X-ray, gave injection and tablets and i went home .
1 pm: Receive call from another U.H doc who wants a 2nd relook at me
2.30 pm :Arrive at UH , doc put in tiub thru my nose down to stomach to suck out gas and bile into a bag ( It will be there till after operation) .This really helped caused after that my bloated feeling ( bloated as in just eaten buffet even though drank just a bit)
3.00 pm : Did C.T scan to scan stomach
3.45 pm : Doc put cathether thru penis and so urine will go thru another bag automatically

4.00 pm to 11 pm: Wait at waiting area for my op , ( during this time I wasn't even sure the time
of my op and was waiting eargerly)
11pm : Wheeled into op preparation room

Thursday

Midnite : Op starts , before the op , anesthician gives my Nebuliser for my asthma (a kind of oxigen mask which I have to breath thru for about 10 to 15 mins) . I said I.didn't feel asthmatic but she said I have to use it just in case it happens during op .

After that , I was given the general anesthistic , it starts with an oxigen mask over my , which I'm still conscious ,suddenly I'm unconscious as they put the anesthesia . Before that , anesthician did asked me what I want to be called , I said Kenny.
.....
1am: After Op Anesthician calls me " Kenny ,Kenny, wake up " or something like that( calls me at least 5 times)

I thought I was dreaming , but went I woke ,immediately can feel the after effects and pain of the op , and I'm still at operating teather . So I wake up I find its not a dream and they wheel me to my room shared with 3 others.

1am to 4 am : Can't sleep well coz of the pain , there was two kind of pain ,1 post op pain , 2 unusual pain where can feel1 side if the intestine acting by itself .I kept asking nurse for pain killer but they said no .( Later on I found out I have actually been given )

5 am : Can sleep better but noice from outside distruption

12pm : Can't drink anything and feeling hungry and thirsty , feeling bored .Justin comes on time .

Evening : Some relatives and friends comes and Adam and Khoo and Yaziz

Friday

Doc says can sip water , thats a relief .

Raymond Hee also comes , he is just on duty a few floors away !

Evening : Ron , Rac and Tey comes and some more friends and relatives.

Sat

Doc says can drink anything , even better relief

Noon : Abu and Saiful comes

Eve : Chen and Wai Fong comes

Sun : Doc says can eat anything and discharge, so here I am at home !

Will have some more stories soon !

4 comments:

CP Waterman said...

Hi Bro Kenny,
Praise God u are back!
Please take real good time to rest for a month b'4 u resume training. And when u do, no pia run please for at least 2 months. U will come back on the road stronger!
God Bless!

In christ love,
-Waterman
(Pastor Yap)
Paris

CP Waterman said...

Its me again. I forgot to mention- you need to take in a lot of vitamin E and C to help your wound to heal quickly!!
In 1991 I got transferred back to KL from JB. Attended FGC (off old Klang Rd) Jln Kuchai Lama whenever I was not going back home to JB for weekend. I was a 1yr+ old Christian then.
You do take care!

NEZZ said...

Kenny, hope u'll be feeling better soon & speedy recovery to u...

Anonymous said...

Get Well soon! Be positive, you'll be on your feet and running in no time. 2 months pretty quick!