Sunday, March 04, 2007

(4/3/07-Sunday-Run in 3rd circuit run 2007)



Didn't run on Friday and Saturday but ate a lot to carbo-load . Woke up at 3am on race day as the dog was barking and then went to sleep again .

6 am: Had some glucose and a bit of pasta at home for breakfast .

The run started above 7 am ,which was normal for circuit run .I was aiming for top 6 hoping somehow to get reimbursed for my Marathon fees .Did I achieve it ? Read on ...

The lap timing and story behind it :

Lap 1 : 10 min 33 sec ( 4 min 35 sec per km pace , Would have been faster but after
running 300 m , my shoelace became untied and i had to stop to tie it back
,caused me 20 secs)

Lap 2 : 11 min 19 sec ( 4 min 55 sec per km pace, I saw my lap time and thought it was a bit too
fast coz I remember Ron telling me to average 11 min 30 sec )

Lap 3 : 11 min 14 sec ( 4 min 53 sec per km pace, still maintaining the about same pace)


Lap 4 : 10 min 44 sec ( 4 min 40 sec per km pace, faster now coz I paced with this guy (Tey) from B category who runs very loudly and fast )

Lap 5 : 11 min 06 sec ( 4 min 49 sec per km pace, still pacing with him)

Lap 6 : 10 min 37 sec ( 4 min 36 sec per km pace , still pacing with him and he is going even
faster)

Lap 7 : 10 min 55 sec ( 4 min 44 sec per km pace , he is slowing down and behind me by 10 m , I
suddenly turn around ask him follow me )

Lap 8 : 11 min 13 sec ( 4 min 52 sec per km pace , he didn't follow anymore my motivation less
now , anyway he got 1st in his category later on )

Lap 9 : 11 min 11 sec (4 min 51 sec per km pace , still about the same pace, at this time I was
asking Tey PM22 how far in front i am in front of Chen , he said 200 m)

Lap 10 : 11 min 46 sec (5 min 6 sec per km pace , my calf begin to hurt and I ask St John
ambulance personnel for Deep heating , they were searching and
searching in their bag , I said never mind , search I st , I tahan
the pain , run 1 round and get from them , at this time , I also realise
Chen has actually overtook me when i was tying my shoelace at lap 1 ,
therefore he is not behind me but in front me by 200 m as per inform
by Tey .)

Lap 11 : 11 min 59 sec (5 min 12 sec per km pace, my sole was hurt for awhile but no more
hurting but calf still hurting , I looked for St John ambulance at the same
spot where I spoke to them and they are not there ! I ran with pain
1 more round!! :(

Lap 12 : 11 min 52 sec ( 5 min 9 sec per km pace , this time I found them at the starting line ,
so I stopped and asked them faster give me some deep heat .
I rubbed on my hurting calf and the pain was gone )

Lap 13 : 11 min 44 sec ( 5 min 6 sec per km pace, I went a bit faster coz the pain was gone , Tey PM 22 keep asking me to chase Chen , I said I can't , leg pain)

Lap 14 : 12 min 02 sec ( 5 min 13 sec , my legs are getting tired and I can't chase anyone , I
have slowed down )

Lap 15 : 12 min 00 sec ( 5 min 13 sec , I couldn't wait for this to finish and I'm getting slower
and weaker)

Finished in 5 th place for a free entry to KLIM 2007 !! I achieved my goal !!


Distance :34.5 km
Duration of work out :2 hr 50 min 27 sec
Location :Lake Garden
# of times used Asthmatic inhaler and remarks : 1 times used inhaler , breathing not so smooth before run and yesterday

TOTAL MILEAGE FOR THIS WEEK : 96 KM

No comments: