Friday, March 30, 2007

(30/3/07-Friday-Small hole ON stomach ,, , )

Went for 2nd wound dressing this morning . As the nurse was cleaning it , she said it was better than yesterday coz yesterday was dirtier .

I also found out that the same nurse has been in the same job for almost 30 years , since 1978 !! She has seen worst cases including nerves and bones .The fact that the nurse has been experienced for so long put me at ease and know that i'm in experienced hands .

As she cleaned it , she said the stitching might have to be redone by doc coz my wound didn't close properly . I said , Ok, since I'm already here , might as well call my doc to come and see me . She
agreed , called the doc while I waited .

The doc came and agreed that I should redo the stitch using thread .But it will be just local anesthetic and I don't have to be admitted at the hospital .

So back to the hospital next week to close the wound .

Right now , I have a small hole at the stomach wound, there is no pain at the wound but I think its as deep as almost 1 cm.

But there is no blood gushing out , coz the doc saw it and said its clean.

3 comments:

CP Waterman said...

Since you had your op on Thursday & already discharged by Sunday and only given antibiotic during your stay there and now you have a tiny open wound to take care of, make sure you keep very clean, else can get infected.
Take care!

krunner said...

Hope you will be OK. Seems to be lot of stitching, sewing and cleaning going on.

Kenny said...

Yes , there is a bandage around me and only the nurse can clean it .anyway , its clean at the moment .

Hope it will completely closed up after the 2nd stitching .