Sunday, January 23, 2005

(23/1/05)-Pacesetter 30km practise run: Kenny's 20km practise

3 HOURS SLEEP

Slept at 1 am , work up at 4 15 am . Only 3 hrs of sleep Was wondering , how will i be able to run with 3 hours of sleep , some more i usually sleep around this time .(trying to sleep earlier from Monday onwards)

BUKIT AMAN

Arrived here , did my stretching , paid RM3 for registration (But I think its the most worthwhile RM3 i have pd ,with breakfast after run , unlimited power bar drinks, milo , noodles , porridge , fruits...) and got a powerbar .

THE RUN

First time running this route to Hartamas , although part of it is like the double hill route. Followed the leading group who were going 5 min per km pace and arrived at Petronas Stn at Hartamas (1st 10 km) in 49 min .

NEXT 10 KM BACK TO BKT AMAN

It took me a long 56 min . Reason :

The leading group were all running the 30 km route leaving me to run alone back to where I came from . Being unfamiliar , I just tried to remember the route . Saw some people on opposite direction and guessed I must be on the right track . But the last 3 km made me slow down as i wasn't sure i'm on the right track until I saw someone opposite and he told me yes , i'm on the right track to BkT Aman . So ran faster again when i saw the familiar road and then arrived at the car park which had full of cars and only 2 to 3 souls .

I think its a great route and looking forward to another run on this route . Hope to go 30 km the next time .


FOOTSCAN BY ADDIDAS

There was a booth by Addidas who gave me a free footscan .

Conclusion :

1. I'm an overpronator ( meaning , when my foot leaves the ground after striking , it moves a bit to the left)
2. This explain my knee pains sometimes .
3. Need to get shoe with mid stability control and 4E width .
4. I'm also having flatfeet , this will help in sprints but won't help if I;m standing a long time .
5. My current shoe is an incorrect shoe to correct this overpronation .



ALSO (at last decided !!) SUBMITTED MY FORM FOR KLIM05 (10 KM CATEGORY )



Duration of workout : Approx 1 hour 45 min .

Location : Pacesetter route to and fro Bkt Aman to Sri Hartamas

Mileage : 20 km

No comments: