Tuesday, January 25, 2005

(25/1/05)-Run at track until headache

Last night , read for some inspiration about the greatest American runner , Steve Prefontaine who died in a car crash at the age of 24 (IN THE 70 'S)! Actually Malaysian Tv showed this movie before few months ago .

An hour before running , had some potato chips and chocolate coated peanuts for some extra energy .

Arrived at track and coach said today easy menu .

He said just 8 x 400 m .(or that was what i thought he said)

Warm up : 3 x 400 m = 1.2 km

400 m x 2 ( Fast and slow 50 m ) = 800 m

Then the real training began , that's when I imagined I was Steve Prefontaine , he liked to lead the run , so I lead the group most of the time :

400 m x 8 = 3.2 km

(Averaged 1 min 26 sec for 5 laps
1 min 30 sec for 2 laps
last lap 1 min 15 sec)

SURPRISED

Then coach said surprisingly still have training . AI YAH , by that time my energy all GONE !! ( This time cannot lead already)

1km x 3

1st km = 4 min 2 sec
2nd km = 3 min 54 sec ( P.R)
3rd km = 3 min 44 sec ( latest P.R , very happy !!)

Warm down ;

800 m

HEADACHE

After the run , my head very light and headache a bit , what we could also call ( or what Hairul calls) runners' high !
Perhaps because of using too much oxygen and not enough oxygen in head ?? I also felt like there was pressure in the head , like when you just come down from Genting kind of pressure .

WHAT I DISCOVERED

I start slow , i finish fast . Because I saw other people who were having their own smae pace and were in the beginning at least 40 m in front of me but towards the end I catch up and when faster and either overtake them or narrow the gap .


Duration of workout : Approx 1 hour

Location : Kg Pandan Sports Complex

Mileage : 9 km

No comments: