Friday, January 07, 2005

MMU Charity 10 km run , Wet Race , 11 th place !

"SURPRISED"


The 1st thing that surprised me in this race was when I arrive i saw some Kenyans and I thought , wah , Kenyan sure win one . But how come small race also come here ?

"SHOOT OFF"

Anyway , race started a bit late coz of rain . When started , saw 2 Kenyans straight shoot off . Other people also straight shoot off

Me , I just kept to my pace and didn't want to go too fast . True enough , after awhile , overtook a number of people who shoot off .


I pray to God that my asthma won't act up and it didn't . Breathing was like normal human .

"HALFWAY MARK"

At halfway mark , other 8km below 24 category also joined on same road and 1 indian guy said " Friend , pace with me : I said Ok , and I paced with him until he made a detour . (Later I found out he got 2nd) Anyway he helped me overtake 2 guys .

At certain point of race, my Brooks shoe didn't really have much grip on the wet road , but I ran on .I suppose that was why Pertama sell it as a clearance stock price!!

"STOMACH CRAMP"

At the last 3 km , ran came down heavily , road became wet and have to run thru certain wet area , I saw 2nd placed kenyan walking due to stomach cramp . I say to myself , good , i can overtake Kenyan . At 2km mark , I also had stomach cramp and felt so painful i wanted to stop . I slowed down , Richard , (Yellow singlet pacesetter then overtook me, I overtook him earlier when I was pacing with guy from another category ) I prayed to God for the stomach pain to be bearable, as I didn't want to stop like the Kenyan . God answered my prayer and I could bear with pain and finish race .

"PLACING"

I finished 11th and got an 11th place medal for that. Medals given to top 20 . I think there were at least a 100 participants in my category .

THE FIRST MEDAL FOR 2005 !!

Hope to do better for next race . Need to train speed harder .


Location : Cyberjaya

Time : 41 min

Distance : 10 km

3 comments:

li-hung said...

Well done Kenny. 40 minutes is a magical barrier. Once you are under it you can do it all the time.

Anonymous said...

Haris: Wow! 10km @ 41mins.. man.. that too fast too furious. Keep it up!. Nice race report.

Anonymous said...

wow kenny u well done for your favorite cheer! Ting