Yesterday evening , I ran at track again after morning run .
This time I got injured when running 1 km with 150 m more to go . Hamstring sakit .
Had to see people run only . I think at that time , I was on target for another P.R as coach said at the half way mark (500 m) that I was timed at 1 min 38 sec and if i continued at the same pace I would have got around 3 min 30 sec for the 1 km .
Anyway to analyse this I think there were 3 factors in no random order which could have contributed to this injury :
1. Running to fast down hill for the last 1 km in the morning.
2. Running above ( or even over above) my normal pace .
3. Being a late sleeper , not having enough sleep the day before , only a meer 4 hours sleep and then the morning run and followed by the evening run at track .
There were some advise given to me , and here are the excerpts :
1. Apply ice ( Hairul)
2. Do some stretching ( Justin )
3. Massage with oil ( Bee Hoon)
4. Rest ( Ronnie)
5. Don't run in the morning when have track in the evening. ( Vincent)
I suppose this are all good advices to follow .
I HOPE ITS NOTHING SERIOUS AND LOOK FORWARD TO RECOVERING AS SOON AS POSSIBLE .
Duration of workout : Approx 30 mins then abrupt end
Location : Kg Pandan Sports Complex
Mileage : Less than 3 km