Saturday, March 12, 2005

(12/3/05)-Long run with Howard without stretching

Howard yesterday suddenly sms me to run at 5.30 am on Saturday .I happily agreed since i have been looking to run a long run with someone .

Arrived at 5.30 am and immediately started on a slow run without stretching . I was surprised that Howard said no need to stretch , I just ran on anyway . He said stretching is for pros and we don't need to stretch coz we are not pros , after running 10 mins our muscles would have be warm enough thus it will be the same as stretching and i suppose i believed .

Anyone have other opinions ??

Anyway , I didn't get injured at all and it was a good run .The timings :

(Per lap = 3.3 km approx . )

Lap 1 : Slow lap :

18 min 50 sec ( 5 min 42 sec per km pace)


Lap 2 : Found out we are from the same church !! :

16 min 57 sec ( 5 min 8 sec per km pace)



Lap 3 : 16 min 19 sec (4 min 56 sec per km pace)
Lap 4 : 15 min 23 sec (4 min39 sec per km pace)


Lap 5 : Water drinking hydration time , temporal stop after running an hour +.

18 min 20 sec : ( timer didn't stop ) (5min 33 sec per km pace)


Lap 6 : 14 min 59 sec (4 min 32 sec per km pace)

Howard when 7 laps whereas myself just 6 laps coz my legs were feeling achy akready.Reminded him I'm not a marathon runner , just a 10 km runner whereas he is a marathon runner so he can last longer .



Duration of workout : 1 hour 41 min

Location : Tmn Bukit Jalil

Mileage : Approx. 19.8 km

1 comment:

Keipo said...

Kenny:

Glad Howard ran with u ...he ask your fon from me lah..hahaha!

Me very sorry can't train with you !

You train,may be Kedah u can get champion,then buy us free breakfast or lunch ?

hehehehe...from Tey