Sunday, February 27, 2005

(27/2/05)-F1 Race report : Shoe lace untied...

6:30 am : Raining heavily , very cold , one of the first to arrive to submit my name . couldn't find Howard anywhere ( later found out he wasn't feeling well due to the haze)


7:30 am :Still raining and looks like race won't start yet .

8:15 am : Speeches began , rain began to stop , different categories starts racing .

FROM 3 LAP RUN BECAME 2 LAP.

8 : 45 am : Our category with ladies open begans.The official says just run 2 laps instead of 3 . I suppose coz we started late too

Note ; 1 lap = 5.543 km
2 lap = 11.086 km


Great feeling to run the track and saw that there were actually some hills too .

SHOE LACE UNTIED... !!

At the 1st quarter of the race , i noticed my RIGHT shoe laced was untied and stopped to tie it , by that time the leading pack which i was near with went further and further away .

CROSS-COUNTRY :


Was horrified that everyone took short cuts to cut across the field thus shortening the distance , we (including myself ran across the field and it felt like a cross country run.

Only at the second round did the officials situated marshalls so that nobody took the short cuts .

DETOUR .....

In fact i was among the unfortunate one who couldn't take the short cut whereas the leading pack took it . As I was heading towards the end of a short cut , an official suddenly came and stopped me .I had to take a DETOUR and that also took up some time .


FAST 2ND ROUND , TURBO ...

At the 2nd round , the leading pack was too far away for me to catch up but I almost wanted to stop but ran on at an even faster speed (TURBO) as I could sort of time myself .

Ended the race after OVERTAKING a number of people but still not good enough for a position

I don't really know whats my position , i guess somewhere in the 1st quarter out of 170+ people .


Notes :i) A number of school kids took opportunity to sit on the track .

ii)I should have followed closer to the leading group but my lack of speed in the 1st round) prevented me from doing so .

iii) Beside the lack of speed , the stoppage to tie my shoe lace resulted in many seconds wasted too .

iv) Only slept 4 hours the day before as electricy power failure at my area at night .


Beside the excuses above : I see some benefits from this race:
i) Helped me to gauge my current stamina .
II) Found that I have not done enough speedwork to sustain my effort .

CONCLUSION :

NO MEDAL , ONLY GIVEN TO TOP 10 PLACING



Duration of workout : 49 min 37 sec

Location : Sepang International Circuit

Mileage : 11.08 km

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Top AOL Position was actually the information I was looking for when I found your blog. (27/2/05)-F1 Race report : Shoe lace untied... is certainly a great topic Kenny... Are you interested in trading links between our sites?