Tuesday, May 24, 2005

(24/5/05)-Rainning , so to run or not to run ?

"RUN" , I was facing a dillema on the way to track as it was pouring .Ronnie was waiting for me there . And I promised to show up but showing up may not mean to run right ?

Suddenly ,with 1 more km to track , a biker passed in front of me .At the back of his jacket was the word " Run " !! So that was the answer , I took that as the cue and I decided to run at track no matter what .

Coach was waitng and there were not many people , even though I arrived late at about 6.45 pm , training has not started yet . Everyone was in the shed at the grandstand .

After 800 m warm up ,Coach said to do 6 km where we are to do 4 min 30 sec per km but I couldn't muster enough speed to go any faster . The rain got heavier and heavier and at 4.8 km , coach asked us to stop . I was relieved . It was not easy running in that kind of weather with the rain dripping onto my eyes ad my shoe getting wetter and wetter . In fact one of my eyes were almost shut throughout the run .

Nevertheless , the workout averaged out to be 4 min 41 sec per km pace .

After that chatted with Ms Lai , Phillis Loke and Ronnie .

Distance : 5.6 km
Duration of work out :Approx. 35 min
Location : Kampung Pandan Sports Complex


# of times used
Asthmatic inhaler and remarks : 0 time used inhaler , breathing feel normal

No comments: