Saturday, May 07, 2005

(7/5/05)-Asthma attack and then attack my 3 km PR

5 am : I was awaken by some difficulty in breathing Asthma attck 2 hours before time trial !! Used my inhaler . Waited for 5 minutes . Still didn't work . Used inhaler again . This time it worked . Got back to bed .

6.30 am : Alarm rings , time to wake up for time trial . Breathing back to normal . Got ready and drove there , reached by 7 am . No traffic . Used my inhaler again just in case .

A short warm up with Ronnie of about 1 km , Ronnie under pressure , me no pressure coz I don't think I 'm going to do well coz no speed work or solid training for almost 1 1/2 weeks In fact my legs are a bit sore from Thursday's 7 km run .

Put on my deep heating cream because of the soreness .

The time trial begins . Not sure how will I be running . I expected to do worse then week before last ( My time week before last was 12 min 42 sec ). I just ran my pace .

I had a push and pull factor .Istly someone was leading the group and I just followed him as close as possible . That was the pull factor .

The push factor , 2 other people behind me breathing heavily and including Sim (www.petalingrunner.blogspot.com) who was running barefeet and I could hear him running .

I just ran on and lost track of the laps . I then asked the referees how many more laps and they said 2 more . I then on my turbo and overtook the guy whom I was following . At the last lap , to confirm again , I asked how many more lap and the refereee said last lap . I put on my super turbo and ran as fast as I can

Here are the split timings :

1st 200 m = 46 sec
1st lap = 1 min 37 sec
2nd lap = 1 min 41 sec
3rd lap = 1 min 44 sec
4th lap = 1 min 44 sec
5th lap = 1 min 46 sec
6th lap = 1 min 40 sec
Final lap = 1 min 21 sec

Total time and P R = 12 min 22 sec

I'm delighted to break my previous P. R by 20 secs . Its a 4 min 7 sec per km pace



Warm down : 1.2 km bare feet with Justin

Distance : 5.2 km
Duration of work out :Approx 45 min
Location : Kg Pandan Sports Complex


# of times used
Asthmatic inhaler and remarks : 3 times used inhaler ! ( See report at top)

1 comment:

John said...

Good job, Kenny. Believe you can dip below 12 min at ease judging from your split time. Just need a little bit of fine tuning.