Saturday, February 03, 2007

(3/2/07-Saturday-"Race" without bib)

On Thursday eve ( i think) , Ronnie sms me to run again to Hartamas and back .
I said Ok .

Ronnie : "Don't run on Friday , rest for Friday ."
Me : " Why , I think I should run on Friday , coz its just a trainning on Saturday ."
Ronnie : " Every run with you ( Kenny ) is a race "

I told myself Ok , If Ronnie say its a race then its a "race " . So I didn't run on Friday before "race " day . Woke up 5 min before alarm rang , quite "kan cheong" . Wore my usual red racing singlet which I usually use for racing as this is a "race" .Had some oats and headed for Bukit Aman . There the starting line up was already waiting , Lai Prefontaine and Ronnie Arumugam . As usual as we started , Lai ran in front first and after that nowhere to be seen . I just stick with Ron .

Bkt Aman to Hartamas Petronas : 52 min 16 sec (5 min 13 sec per km pace)
(Thursday's time was 52 min 51 sec )

After finishing at Petronas , it was time to go even faster again , Lai went even faster . Saiful joined us . We were trying to catch up with Lai . Managed to catch up with him at Tejani hill . This time i got no stomach stitch just like on Thursday where slowly one by one my friends potong sayur me .

I'm still sticking with my opponent ( Ronnie ) . His quite happy coz he has overtaken Lai . Now he has to beware of 2 people running together with him , Me and Saiful . We are still running together , everyone waiting for someone to make a fast move .

Suddenly , with 200m to go , I on my turbo and there was no respond from my opponents . I win the "race" approx . 20 sec more faster than my opponent.

Hartamas Petronas to Bkt Aman : 43 min 40 sec (4 min 22 sec per km pace) P R !!
( Thursday's time was 49 min 29 sec )


I'm very glad to turn the tables !!


Distance :20 km
Duration of work out :1hour 35 min 56 sec
Location : Bkt Aman to Hartamas and back


# of times used
Asthmatic inhaler and remarks : 1 times used inhaler , used it even though feelinng ok , just in case as its a " Race" .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kenny Tan,
It was really an excellent show down today especially the 2nd 10km, whereby all of you trying to overtake me. I can witness the most exciting moment at the last 1km Jln Parliment long stretch, the battle among you, Ronnie & Saiful sprinting towards finishing point. What a wonderful run today! Really can not wait for the next chapter.

Anonymous said...

Kenny,
Congrats on your revenge run and potong sayur captain at the most crucial moment.
Well done and keep it up.

Kenny said...

Lai,

You are a great inspiration and worthy opponent .i'm sure you are touched we all want to overtake you .

Kepp trainning .