Tuesday, February 06, 2007

(5/2/07-Monday-Run at race pace)

I had to rush again . Ronnie , Lai and Justin was there .We were going for 4 rounds at the Lake.

1st and 2nd lap :

Lap 1 : 10 min 13 sec (4 min 26 km per km pace)
Lap 2 : 10 min 13 sec (4 min 26 km per km pace)

Both laps same pace.Lai started fast and I followed him . It felt like race pace to go so fast in the beginning . Breathing wasn't easy . I felt a bit asthmatic but kept going for 2 rounds with him .

3rd lap :

Lap 3 :10 min 26 sec (4 min 32 sec per km pace)

After that I couldn't take it anymore . Ronnie overtook us . I slowed down and ran with Justin . He said we were foolish to start so fast . Lai was still in front but slowly we overtook him before the beginning of the 4th lap .

4th lap :

I was running by myself with Ronnie in front of me 100 m away and Justin and Lai at the back . I stepped up the pace a bit but no turbo at the end .

Lap 4 : 10 min 22 ( 4 min 30 sec per km pace)

Looking at the pace , that is why I title this blog "run at race pace" . Its a fast run and finished in 41 min 15 sec ( averaging 4 min 29 sec per km )


Distance :9.2 km
Duration of work out :41 min 15 sec
Location : Lake Garden


# of times used
Asthmatic inhaler and remarks : 0 times used inhaler , breathing not so smooth at 1st 2 laps ,after that no problem but pant like a normal runner who is running fast .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kenny,
I thought I was following your pace! Anyway I was very satisfied to have another great run yesterday. I am now gaining back my confidence after disappointing run at GE30K.